I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Soon to be New Home...The Africa Mercy!





The 499-foot 16, 572 GRT Africa Mercy is the world's largest charity hospital ship. The purpose-built hospital includes six state of the art operating rooms, intensive care and ward bed space for up to 78 patients. Originally built in Denmark in 1980, the newest Mercy Ship has a berth capacity for 484. Volunteer crew from more than 40 nations serve onboard.
PS: Friday I received 4 shots and one oral vaccine…. I was sick Saturday night only and had a medium sized red and swollen area where I was injected with the Yellow Fever vaccine. Over all things went GREAT and I am now all vaccinated…and ready to GO! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet they wont have your moms home cooking on the ship.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got finished with all your shots!! I'm sure they weren't much fun but better than getting those nasty diseases. Your in my thoughts and prayers, Love you Tammy

jEsSiCa CaMpBeLl said...

No mom they won’t have your good home cooking on the ship....that is sole reason why I will be forced to come home. :) love you

Ps: REALLY proud of you for making a successful post. GOOD JOB!