I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, April 21, 2008

1 month 19 days 3 hours and 23 minuets!!!!

In 1 month 19 days and 3 hours and 23 minuets it will be June 10. The day I leave from St.Louis Mo and end up in Monrovia, Liberia. Things are quickly wrapping up. This past weekend I went to Marion, IL to hang out with my good buddy Kacy for the last time. Our schedules are soooo busy next month that Saturday and Sunday was our last “hang out” days. We will however get to do dinner one more time in May but it’s just not the same. Over the past year she and I have developed a very close relationship. We are able to talk and talk for hours about life’s important and not so important issues.





Although I will in the next month and a half have to say good bye to many important, special, and loved people in my life… saying good bye to Kacy is different. In August Kacy is leaving for a little journey of her own, only her commitment is for 2 years. So I was rather sad Sunday when I left her house because I knew I would not be back there for 2 ½ years. As I pulled out her drive way my sad feelings quickly turned to happy feeling, because it dawned on me that God has such amazing plans and adventures planned for our lives over the next 2 ½ years and I can’t wait to watch and live as His plans continue to be revealed. Oh and also because I plan to go visit her in the Middle East sometime within those 2 years. I thank God for providing me with such GREAT friends and Family who care so much for me.


I truly am blessed!!!!

2 comments:

kacy b said...

Yeah Jess!!!! I'm so grateful for your trip down to Marion this weekend. I had a wonderful time chatting and just chilling together. I am so excited to see and hear about what God's going to continue to do in your life in 1 month, 19 days...and counting! I'm very thankful for our friendship and look forward to the adventures we still have to come together :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have good friends to share your adventures with!! It's been such a blessing to see God working in your life and I can't wait to see how you are blessed because you are following His will for your life. I'm praying for you!!