I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Locks of Love Night

Tonight in Starbucks Cafe the Africa Mercy Crew had a Locks of Love Drive. Anyone supporting 8 inches of hair or more was faced with a de-lima.... to cut or not to cut. I personally did not meet the to cut criteria...I however do have a few friends who passed and decided to cut. Actually as I type this blog I am overhearing my next door roommate brake the news to her mom that her beautiful long hair is now gone...the walls are REALLY thin... you can overhear anything. 

My favorite quote from the night. I will not be defined as beautiful because of my hair.  

People sitting around watching the cutting show. 

The freshly cut ponytail of a 5 grader. 

1 comment:

mom said...

Iam glad your hair wasnt 8 inches do you realize how long it would take you to grow that much back a life time. We miss you glad you had a great weekend. talk with you on the phone this week.
love your mama