I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, May 12, 2008

MOVING ON OUT!!!

For Christ’s love compels me….. That has been my main thought for the last 6 months, but especially the last week. Friday and Saturday were big days for me. I packed up my belonging, carted them into a U-Haul truck and drove them back home to my parent’s house/grandma’s house in Beardstown for storage. I must admit that my emotions and strength were very week this weekend. I can’t count how many times I whispered and prayed "God give me Strength and Courage." I had such a hard time packing up my life here. I had been trying to figure out all weekend why this move amongst all the other moves I have had over the years (I have moved about 6 times in the last 6 years, my family and I are becoming professional movers :) ) was so difficult and I came to this conclusion. I have no IDEA what I am getting myself into, my plans and my future is so unknown. I have no clue what Africa is going to be like and come January I have absolutely no idea what or where I am going to be or be doing. I think the thought of not being in control or having even a rough edged plan has totally freaked me out. I try to remember that God has it under control and that the next year of my life is going to be way exciting just seeing how He moves and works.

Well you will be glad to read that after I placed the last box in my little corner at my grandma’s house I had this sense of everything is going to be ok…… and then my emotions switched from scared and freaked out to TOTALLY READY TO GO!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited to see how God is going to change my world starting in less than a month…. And I am even more excited to know that I have absolutely no control from this point on and that God is in the drivers seat. I am going to forced to give up control and let go, I am nervous but excited all at the same time.


Photos of my Apt pre move:
Photos of the move:

90% of my earthly belonging are in this little corner in my grandma's basement

Post move....how I am living for the next 3 weeks


No comments: