I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

RoAdTrIp To CoLoRaDo !

This weekend My brother and I took a Road Trip to Colorado. Nate has a summer job at a state park in Rifle Colorado. Friday we left from my place around 8:30 am and headed to the BEAUTIFUL state of Colorado. We arrived in Denver around 9:30pm Friday night. We stopped 4 times for gas and food, and we split the driving/sleeping time up.

We were both dead tired and in bed by 11:30pm Friday night and we did not wake up till Saturday morning around 11:30am. haha We both agreed that was one of the best nights sleep we had had in a long time. Saturday we spent all day in downtown Denver. Eating lunch at Breckenridge Brewery yum yum, taking in a Colorado Rockies game for 4$, shopping at the world largest REI i swear, and just simple taking in the beauty and enjoying each others company.

Sunday morning I headed to the airport to fly home and Nate headed for Rifle about 3 hours West of Denver. We both made it to are final destinations safe and sound. I already miss not getting to talk to him when ever I want. He has no Cell Service, TV, or Internet at his home. The only time we get to talk to him is when he makes the 15 min jont into town, and then if I am lucky after he calls Mom and Kristen ( the girlfriend) he might call me......but I am finding out I am not at the top of the phone tree.

When I left him on Sunday I was a bit sad..... not because I won't get to see him till I get home in late Dec ( b/c I will mom dad and I are leaving Tuesday to head out there for the week) but because I realized my baby brother is growing up, and I am so proud of the way he has chosen to live his life. My prayer is that God and Nate will really connect this summer. That Nate will be able to vast in the Splendor and Majesty of our God. I pray that he not only has a safe and successful summer, but that he will also grown and strengthen his relationship with the Wonderful Creator who spoke the magnificent mountain he is enjoying into existence. I pray he can grasp just even a little tiny bit of how BIG God is and how REAL and in CONTROL He is.

All in all we had a FANTASTIC trip, with lots of quality bonding time. The memories we created will forever be with me. I am so blessed to have a brother like Nate in my life and oh how I am going to miss him, but "distance makes the heart grown fonder"....so I hear and I will be holding on to that thought the entire time I am gone....all along thinking and wondering how my heart could be any fonder of him. :)

20 day Countdown!/things you can be praying about
1. Nate
2. my last day of work is THIS Thursday
3.Family Vacation to Colorado-Safety
4.Packing
5. I had a biopsy done on two moles this week....they looked odd. Pray for good results on the biopsy
6.my sanity/comfort/strength/ anything else you want to pray for, for me.
7. MyForwarding Agent/Aunt Kay results from her Bone Scan That they come back A-OK and if not that God can/will recieve the Glory!!!!!

Here are a few pics from our adventure:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that both of my children are growing up. I couldn't be more proud of both of you.

love Mom

Anonymous said...

What a way to hit the ground running. I'm thankful that you are sharing the journal of your experiences and pictures with us. It makes it easier to know how to pray for you and the people you are serving. I pray that God will give you opportunities to meet and develop friendships with others on the ship. Keep up the good work. I'm inspired by what you are doing.