I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cabin 4343.

Yesterday June 10, 2009 marked my 1-year anniversary with Mercy Ships. What a year it has been. In honor of the day I celebrated by taking care of a medical emergency at the clinic-SCARY, taking care of a patient was about to die from a dental infections, pulling teeth, removing part of a ladies mandible-yes I did that…. I actually pulled out the bone that made up her mandible, and said good bye to my LOVELY roommate Emily- very SAD. 


Last Saturday at 3am the the occupants of cabin 4343 and Richard piled into a Nissan car to make the 20 min truck to the airport to see our lovely roommate Naomi off. In the matter of a minute cabin 4343 went from 4 to 3.



Last night I drove and Carmen accompanied me to the airport to drop Emily off . 

 Now there is 2

And in 2 ½ weeks Carmen will jump on a plane and head back to Texas leaving me all alone….. 


Oh wait I have already been blessed with a new roommate who is moving in tomorrow. 

MEET LIZ- I am sure you will be hearing a lot about her in the future: 


Oh how you must be able to adjust to constant change here. After awhile I must admit change gets old.

 

RIP my original Cabin 4343. What a trip it was.  Welcome newcomers what a wonderful cabin it is. 

1 comment:

mom said...

Wow one year! Who would ever have guessed that Africa would consume this simple life style ,that we have so much. I have to admit there are times when it seems to be going by fast but for the most part its been along year. Glad to met Liz and can't wait to see how she will be a part of this next 6 months. Take care and have a great weekend.
ps whats up with the Obama Beach lol
love ya mom