I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, June 22, 2009

You know you have lived in Africa for a few days when……….

You are driving down the road and you hear a random African on the back of a zemidjan yell your name. As you glance in their direction you notice them vigorously waving at you. You take a few seconds to see if you recognize the person who is admiring you and you quickly realize it is your old patient.  This happened to me two different times today.

One would think that living and working in a city equipment with nearly 750 thousand people would make it rather difficult to run into old patients on the street, but it happens more often than not. I guess it could be my Yovo colored skin, or the big Mercy Ships Land Rover that I drive, or maybe even the ceil blue colored scrubs I am constantly wearing that draws the attention , but I like to think that it is my unique personality and dashing good looks that has made it so easy for them to remember me and my name.  

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Who could forget you Jess!!!! So they let you drive around there? Hope they have good insurance. Ha Ha!! Just kidding. Hope your having a great day your in my prayers. Love ya

mom said...

LOL! LOL! LOL! Now that is halarious! I think that it could be all of those great attributes
that you possess jess, that just make people crazy about you!!!!
Ps And the fact that you stick out in a crowd ha ha!
We love you Mom
going on your 6th month soon.

Best Seller Colored Scrubs said...

Hello Guys, I sharing you this unrelated info regarding the best seller colored scrubs that one online store has been offering for years. if you are interested you can read more at http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/04/best-seller-colored-scrubs.html