I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh i forgot one thing.....

So this morning I went to the hospitality center( the huge warehouse about a mile from the ship that we have transformed into a hotel like place for patients to stay before and after surgery so they don't have stay on the ward) to get a dental patient that had been brought to the center over the weekend from up country. 

I went in and told the translator I was here to get the patient and to tell her she will be going home from the dental clinic so she should bring all her belongings with her. The translator disappeared  to retrieve the patient and reappeared a moment later with my patient. 

I said so she has everything and the translator said yes. We started to get ready to load the patient in the car and as we were doing this the patient said oh wait I forgot something. She ran back to get the thing she had forgotten and when she came back to my surprise it was not a thing it was a baby. She was carrying her child. She had FORGOTTEN her baby. 

How does that happen. :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Now I don't feel so bad about the time I left you and Nate at the sitters and realized it after I was home! ha Ha