I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, March 10, 2008

3 Months!

3 Months from today I will be on a plane to AFRICA! This time last year all this was just an idea and now...it becoming a REALITY. Support keeps coming in, and day after day I get closer and closer. I continue to be AMAZED at the generosity of His people. The plane ticket is bought, paper work is all completed and turned into Mercy Ships, passport renewal is in the works, visa paperwork in the works, and I am hopefully going to start getting the shots on Friday.............. things are starting to shape up nicely.

There are times when I get a little freaked out thinking people are trusting me to GO and Tell the people of West Africa about Jesus and His great love. Will I know what to say to them, will I know what to do, will I be able to show them Jesus, will I be able to help meet not only their physical needs but also their spiritual needs????? Then I quickly get over the fear and rest in the promise Christ gives us in Matthew 10: 20. It is not me who is speaking, but the spirit of my Heavenly Father who speaks through me. I know God will provide and when I have no familiarity around and no one to lean on..... I know I will have Him. I am honored that God is sending me......what a wonderful feeling to know that I am going on His behalf and as a representative of His. WOW!


Things you can be PRAYING for:

#1 Telling my work. I will be breaking the news to my job that I will be leaving sometime early April. Pray that they will let me work up until mid May. I NEED a JOB till then!

#2 My parents. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be praying for my parents especially my mom. Come to find out Nate ( my brother) has been offered a job in Colorado for the summer, so both Campbell kids are going to be gone all summer. I think Mom is doing OK with this right now, but my thoughts are it is going to be a long, hard summer for her. Dad will miss us but he will be fine.......unless mom drives him crazy. :) Pray for DAD!

#3 Continued Support. Pray that my support continues to come in. Thank YOU!!!!!!


#4 Passport. Pray that my Passport renewal gets done with time to spare. I sent it off 2 weeks ago.

Keep checking back for frequent updates to the blog. I am hoping to be able to update it at least once a week!

Thanks for all the Support, Love, and Encouragement!


Honored TO GO!
Jess

No comments: