I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Going to the chapel and I am gonna get married!!!!

Yes!!! Praise God I have been proposed to. Shame on those of you who thought it would never happen…it just goes to show you that God truly can move mountains. Twenty-four years of being single in the US and only 9 weeks of living in Liberia and I have found the man of my dreams! Well not really the man of my dreams but apparently, I am the woman of Willams' dreams. Williams was a patient of mine last Monday, and Wednesday he dropped this heartfelt declaration of his undying love off at the dental clinic for me. I was more than flattered by this romantic gesture and I have decided to accept the offer. :) As Willams simply put it, "we are going to the church for marry." So for those of you who would like to send wedding gifts can send them to us at the address posted in a previous blog.

Just in case you can’t read the letter in the picture here is what is says:


Dear Jessica

I write to inform you that from the day I saw you, I saw love, I saw joy , I saw life, and I saw everything I wanted in this world in you. I pray that one day I will be able to take you to church for marry, I think that will be the greatest achievement of my life, and I promise you that I will always love you. No one can ever take the place you accompany in my heart. For you are so special that I can never love anyone else as much as I love you. My love is running for you like a river.

Truly yours
Williams



On Friday, Williams returned to the clinic in hopes that I would accept his proposal and I sadly had to turn him down. I guess that I am not a believer in love at first sight or at least not love after a 45 min teeth cleaning. My prayer is that Williams will one day find the person that will make his love run like a river.


ONLY IN AFRICA!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed a glance at the day to day events of my world here.











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congtatulations!!!!!!!!! ha ha!! I thought as I was reading you were really accepting Williams proposal. That was really sweet of him, hang in there I know that you will find that special guy who is worth the wait! I know God has him already picked out for you.

sadie said...

I told you that it would happen and it did lol you know your friend Kevin kube is coming in soon and I will have to break the newz to him as well. oh here is one for your wall The cavitron is good for the summertime just another cavitron use lol love Drewbe

Anonymous said...

Well we leave for Cancun for a wedding and come back with our daughter having a wedding proposal herself. That was quite the proposal.We knew sometime someone would pop the question to our little sweet pea. I hate that you had to break Williams heart but I'am glad that you did after all he did need to ask your dad for his permission first Ha Ha.
Life is like a box of chocolates!!!!
Love Mom

Unknown said...

Jess, I just know you would have ME in the wedding. Miss you. And as Drew said "The cavitron is good for the summer time, it like a sprinkler in your mouth." Only Stacey.

Cheka

kacy b said...

Jess...you forgot to mention the proposal in your previous e-mail. The letter was so sweet...William has such a tender heart.