I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, August 18, 2008

Let your words be few

I was reading today in Ecclesiastes 5 :

1Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.


2Do not be quick with your mouth,
do not be hasty in your heart
to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
and you are on earth,
so let your words be few.

I am so quick to go before God and tell him all my wants and needs for my day, week, month, year and even life. I often forget that God is in heaven and I am on earth and I should let me words be few before Him. Sometimes it is just nice to enter into his presence in silents and just sit and wait for Him to speak. No list of demands no needs just simply being. This verse reminded me of the song Let My Words be Few by Phillips Craig and Dean:

You are God in heaven
And here am I on earth
So I'll let my words be few Jesus,
I am so in love with You


Chorus:
And I'll stand in awe of You, Jesus
Yes, I'll stand in awe of You
And I'll let my words be few Jesus,
I am so in love with You


The simplest of all love songs
I want to bring to You
So I'll let my words be few Jesus,
I am so in love with You

Such a simple song but oh how it reveals the desires of my heart.

I think this week I will let me words be few leaving room for me to listen rather than speak.

And I'll let my words be few Jesus, I am so in love with You

No comments: