I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter in Ghana

Last weekend a group of 14 of us traveled 9 hrs to Ghana to see Wli Waterfalls in the Volta Area. We had the most amazing time, and the mountain and waterfalls we played in all weekend turned out to be the perfect way to spend our Easter away from home. Saturday we spent 6 hrs hiking up to the lower part of the upper falls and then we hiked down to the lower part of the lower falls. I attended Easter service at the smallest little church with only 10 members. The entire service was in a tribal language, however one of the pastors decided to translate for us a little bit. It was perfect. Simple yet to the point. There was one point when I looked out the window and saw chickens and goats chasing after small African children and I thought to myself where am I. It was really a great trip and I hope you enjoy the photos.This is only a SMALL amount of the pictures I took of the trip.

Please click on Easter in Ghana to the right for photos to walk you through the entire trip.
the bottom of the lower fallsthe small village we stayed in

Hiking through the jungle.... :) dirty feet... this is our advertisement for Chacos. Best sandals ever. Our 2nd mountain we have hiked together in the last 4 months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Jessica! While I am deeply thankful for these fabulous photos of such natural beauty, I am quite jealous of your opportunity to photograph these falls up close! It looks like a must have been a long and wonderful journey. I hope the fun endured for longer than the photographs :-) but it is easy to trust that it has