I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Running in the streets......

Tonight Naomi and I were enjoying a nice run along the streets of Cotonou and
all of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look over and to my surprise I see one of our patients. Mousaha was our first jaw fixation. He had a broken jaw and week 2 of the field service he received surgery at the dental clinic to fix it. He has been coming back week after week for check ups and I have been able to track his healing. Last week when he came in the dentist removed the wires that had been keeping his mouth shut for the past 5 weeks. He was so happy.

Anyway it made my day. He saw me running and ran across the street to great me. We both smiled and patted each other on the shoulder, I as always spoke to him in English which he does not understand. In the end he darted back across the street and I continued with my run supporting the biggest smile ever. As I ran back to boat I was thinking I wonder what he is telling his friend...... He might be saying that white lady fixed my jaw.... even though I did not do it the patients see me the most and think I am the one who did it.. haha or maybe he was saying that lady works for mercy ships, I have been to their clinic they are really nice. I hope he was saying a combination of both. :)

What a great way to end my day.

1 comment:

mom said...

Its nice to be out on a run in another country and run into a friend. God seems to bring our paths together everywhere anytime.
Love Mom