I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Unexpected Visitor.

It is wonderful to have an un-expected visitor stop by just to say hello. They don't want anything, they don't need anything, they don't expect anything...... they just want you to know they are thinking about you and appreciate you. That is the kind of little blessing that changes a persons day from bad to good... and that is exactly what Noel did to my day today. 

Noel was the 2nd broken jaw patient that we fixed this outreach. I think the number on his chart reads DBED #5 we are now on DBED# 4200. I remember him the day I spotted him in the line up on that first Thursday. He did not look so good. Today almost 5 months later he is stopping by the clinic just to say HELLO to me. His English vocabulary is not the largest in fact I think he only knows Hello, I am good, thank you, and Jessica. Which makes since why every time he sees me he sounds like a broken record saying Jessica...... however it is one broken record that I enjoy. Above is a post-op picture of Noel with his daughter. When we discharged him about a month ago I was sad when I said good-bye thinking I would never see him again.... little did I know he would stop by un-expected and say hello.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God always knows when we need those little pick me ups! God is so everywhere and good.

August 1st whoo!hoo!!