I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday's Patient Pick.......He aint heavy he's my brother


This patient was actually carried into our clinic by his brother. Talk about inspiring and also talk about bringing life to the lyrics of the song He Aint Heavy He's My Brother. When I actually stopped and thought deeply about this man and more specifically his brother's actions... I was left speechless. That can explain why he is being featured in this Friday's Patient Pick. He won hands down. 
The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
He's my brother

He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
I would carry you.