I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Helping Liberia Smile 1 Toothbrush at a time!!!

We have a group of about...well originally it was 5-6 kids now it has grown to about 15 kids that come see us at the dental clinic daily. After school Redemption Hospital Dental Clinic is the first place they stop. I am just in love with all of them. They are always so excited to see us. It could be because we feed them but we all like to think it is because they love us just as much as we love them. Regardless of the reason why they come, it is such a blessing to get to love on these kids for a few minutes each day.

I had the opportunity to visit my favorite and only girl of the group Princess's house a few weeks ago. I finished work early and her brother informed me that she would not be able to come to the clinic today to visit me. I asked him why and he said she was sick, then he said she would really like it if you went to see her. I said ok I will go. We walked to her house which was about 5 minutes from the clinic. As I was approaching she spotted me across the way and made a mad dash towards me, she jumped into my arms almost knocking me over. I LOVED IT!

Last Thursday on my lunch break I headed out with my big toothbrush and my big mouth and went and taught the kids how to brush correctly then I gave them all a toothbrush. I explained to them that these were not just any old toothbrushes. These toothbrushes were sent here by my Grandma all the way from America and she wanted them to have them. They were so happy, they all said "oh thank you grandmother". Then they said take our picture with the toothbrushes and carry it to your grandma. So Grandma here are the pictures the kids took JUST FOR YOU!!!!!!

THANK YOU for helping Liberia Smile 1 toothbrush at a time.

Love you!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
We need to mail you some snacks for your little children to have after school.

Jesus loves the little children
all the children of the world!!!!

Anonymous said...

i loved the giant mouth and toothbrush! are those yours personally? :)