I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, October 27, 2008

Kids do the cutest things!

Remember my blog back in July about Angie, falling asleep on my chest during church. If you don’t you should go back and read my July 7 post, it was one of those moments that you just sit and thank God for. Well it happened again and it was just as sweet as when it happened to me the first time.

We have a group of after school kids that I have blogged about before, who I just adore. In this group is a little 4 year old named Mohamed. He is normally energized and FULL of joy, not today. When he came to see me today his cousin informed me that he had been sick with Malaria. This energized little kid was just not acting himself.

Anyway I get done with work early and I walk down to the waiting room to see how many patients we had left, and there in the waiting room sat all the after school kids and a few wondering adults. They were watching the movie about the Bible story of the Israelites and parting of the Red Sea. So I thought to myself well maybe I will sit and watch this movie for a bit and see how they react to the story. So I sat down in a chair in the coroner and next thing I know Mohamed is walking up to me reaching his arms out for me to pick him up. So of course I did, a cuddling, sick 4 year old wanting me to hold him. How could I turn that opportunity down. I picked him up and cradled him in my arms and within 5 minutes he was asleep on my chest. And again just like before with Angie I thought to myself……. God thank you for this moment. Thank you for all the ones at home who have so graciously given so I could be here with this precious boy asleep on my chest. God thank you for picking me to send. It’s amazing how a sleeping child on your chest can give your soul such joy! Oh the moments and time God has ordained….how precious they are. Thank you to all of you who made it possible for me to be in that moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank God for you and your willingness to leave all the comforts of home, a good job, family,& friends to serve those who need to hear and experience the love of Jesus! I know that you went to be a blessing to others but I knew you would also be blessed!!

Anonymous said...

Jess,
Can this little boy take medicine to help him? I would love to do something to help him. I will pray for him.
I love you Mom