I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Historical Election Day!

Is anyone as ready for this Election day to be OVER as I am!!!! YES! I am all the way in Africa and its all I am hearing. Who is winning, Who do you want to win, Who is the best man for the job, This is a historic event, this could change America's History etc.....

Unfortunately I can't complain toooo much considering the fact that getting an absentee ballot slipped my mind, however I do have a few thoughts that I thought I would get out. This post is more of a thinking out loud post than it is anything.So if you are a die hard politician or an Election Day 2008 Advocate then don't be offended.

I just finished running and I thought I would sit down in Midships lounge on the couch and relax a bit while I typed to you all. My plan was to type about my weekend which was a super fun weekend, however the second I sat down it happens. My mind and thoughts are flooded with ELECTION ELECTION ELECTION. I am finding it rather hilarious as I sit here and count the number of people....most who are not even American that stop to see what CNN has to say about the current ongoing Election day in America. For example at this current time the lounge where I am sitting is occupied by myself an American and 4 others who are not Americas. haha Most of which are finding this very entertaining.

After spending the last 5 months outside of the United States I have found a few things out about myself and my identify as an American. First of all....there are other places outside of the USA and those places are just as worthy of calling home as America is. The world is not America. With that being said the second things I have found out about myself is that I am PROUD to be an American and I LOVE living and calling the US my home- Most of the time!


This elections has been turned into a ridiculous circus. I feel the media is turning this into a racial fight. Black President VS Women Vice President. Republican VS Democrat. They have charts, Stats, and stories for every subject imaginable. There is even a chart that can tell us how many poll complaints there are and what city/state they are coming from. Since I have been sitting here CNN just ran a story about a 90 year old lady who voted in the back of an ambulance. COME ONE!

A few of the head lines...Oboma's daughters was caught yawing at the polls, It's going to take a lot to dig us out of the ditch that the republicans have left us, God Bless the president elects wife for not keeping her hands out of her husbands hair, can you believe what she wore to the polls.... SERIOUSLY!!! OH and did you know now that there are exit polls now, that are filled with questions about yourself...one of which is do you consider yourself a born again Christian.

I am not just bashing CNN it just so happens to be the only station we get. I am actually thankful for CNN at this moment because it has been the only TV stations besides the BBC and Discovery that I that I have had the opportunity to watch since the first of June.

Anyway may God have His way with this day. My prayer is that people can make biblical, moral decisions on who to vote for.My prayer is that we can become United as country with whoever is the new President. My prayer is that God will be put back into our government and country so that REAL change can finally take place, but my thought is We are to stuck on ourselves to ask God for help.

After all the United States still remains the greatest land of opportunity... that is what the guy on CNN said. Time for me to head out of the midships lounge, I think I have had enough for one day.


"Pray continually". 1 Thessalonians 5:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts Jess! Like I heard on WIBI this morning, no matter who is in office, God calls us to pray for the leaders of our country, and I hope that we all can and move past racial and political divides. Miss you girl, sorry you weren't able to vote!!

Love ya,
The Brew Crew