I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Closing Time

Like the lyrics to a very popular Green Day songs reads, It's closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. Friday was day 1 of closing time for the dental team at Redemption Hospital. What has been called Mercy Ships Dental Clinic for the past 10 months is now in the midst of destruction. We started tearing down and packing up around 9am on Friday and finished our day of hard work around 3pm. By the end of the day the entire team was tired. It was a hot and dirty job, but all in all the day went rather smoothly and we accomplished a lot.



As we continue to close up shop here on Monday and Tuesday we will continue to Thank God for all the work He has managed to accomplished in that place over the last 10 months. It is only through His strength and power that we have done what we have. It's only through His grace that we have made it through.

As the days go by our team and crew continues to shrink. People are leaving in masses. Just today I said good-bye to our fearless leader and coordinator Vicki, and also to a very close friend and coworker of mine. Hanna and I have been through the past 5 months together, she arrived a month after I. It has been a pleasure getting to know such a women of God. We have laughed, cried, contemplated life and God, sang song after song (she put up with my singing), been in a head on collision, hiked mountains, did teeth, worked out to tae-bo and loads more together. I will miss her but also like the words of the same Green Day songs reads:

Closing time, time for you to go out to the places you will be from
So gather up your jackets, moving to the exits, I hope you have found a friend.

I have most definitely have found a friend, and I am so exited to see what God calls her to next.

Next Monday another dear friend of mine leaves, Ms. Emily. I am so looking forward to spending every waking moment with her this coming week. I have to get so full of her energetic and outlandish spirit in order to be sustain with her contagious spirit until the next time I am able to see her.



Tomorrow Day 2 of Closing Time for the Dental Team.


At the beginning of the day on Friday











At the end of the day on Friday.

No comments: