I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dance Party- African Style!

Today after I finished with my patients, I went outside to visit with my after school darlings. My assistant had brought her portable CD player (remember those, well before the days of IPods) to work today and had it hooked up to a small portable speaker. I decided to take this concocted musical device out to the children and there in the middle of the hospital corridor we had a dance party. Can you imagine having a dance party in the hallways of the hospitals at home. NEVER!!!

I think the children here are taught to move their bodies the moment they exit the womb. The kids did more than show me up with their dance moves, they down right busted a move way better than this white woman will ever be able to.

Let the FUN times in Africa continue to roll!!!!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
Why to move to the groove girl!!!!
Your right I think those little darlings got some moves. Looks like you had a great time. I bought some candy canes for our little darlings to have I will mail them quickly. Oh!how will you ever leave them I cry every time I think of you leaving those kids. I miss you too so
please come home.
Love Mom