I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Friday, March 27, 2009

Excusez-moi

So this morning I pulled into the same gas station I pull into every morning to get gas only this time I was asked a rather interesting question. I asked the gas attendant who speaks small small English, if he works on Saturday and Sundays. He responded with a Yes I do. I then replied by saying. We don't work on Saturday and Sundays we rest and sleep. He then said oh would you like me to come and SLEEP with you. ME: What!!! No I don't want you to come sleep with me. Gas attendant: You don't like that idea... Who then will you sleep with.

MY SELFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF


oh he said and smiled as he walked away.


I sure hope that was just a moment of cultural misunderstanding. HAHA

2 comments:

mom and dad said...

Ha Ha be careful what you say! especially in a foreign country and if they speak only a LITTLE English. Oh your a NUT!! He probably speaks more English then you think! Have a good weekend tell your roomies we say hello
Love ya
ps its been another month Ya

Unknown said...

Wow, Jessica! That is quite the scenario. Very interesting to see his perception on how things 'work'. It's good to hear you have finally laid down some healthy boundaries with your gas attendant :-)