I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Friday, March 20, 2009

Line 'em Up

I am very happy to report to you that the stick posts and ropes the security guards put up yesterday WORKED. The eyes line up today was so organized and orderly that it made it possible for the eye team to at least examine and screen all 500+ patients.

I was very proud of the security guards and they were very proud of themselves. I drove up to the clinic this morning and they all greeted me with a smile and a thumbs up. There we no mobs and no rushing today.

Good Job Security Guards.


The orderly line. I wish I had a picture from the past few weeks so you could really appreciate this line as much as I do.
People waiting with out pushing and knocking other blind people over.
and look we even had room for a zemidjan parking lot. How Wonderful!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Jessica! Who could have imagined it could be that 'simple'! :-) I have a general idea of what a mob of 400+ needy people could turn into but I'm sure it isn't quite so clear as what you have recently experienced!
What a blessing to receive an orderly group that used to be filled with near-madness. Who would have thought just a few ropes && sticks could do so much!
I hope the rest of the outreach is just as orderly. You might want to try to find a way to preserve this precious bit of knowledge for the future generations of clinic-holders. It sounds like you have stumbled upon something great.