I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Sunday, June 22, 2008

New and improved with photos!

Below are a photos from the weekend and photos of the ship


Dental team went out for dinner

barbwire

Starbucks
ship shop
Crew Kitchen
laundry room
play deck

kitchen
dinning room
worship place
Internet cafe
wireless cafe


My room


Sometimes we flood the bathroom
My roommate Jin eating her favorite sandwich ham/cucmber/yougart sandwich yum!

Kids brushing with grandmas toothbrushes they thank you SOOO much!


Before we went out to dinner
The dental team

White sand beach






*****Ok I am back up and running. You will now notice the section to the right of the blog page titled PHOTOS.... that is were you will find all my photos that I post. Please check back every once in awhile for updates. I am hoping in the near future to be able to also link video from this page. Give me a few days to figure that out.


Well the weekend is over and I was jampacked with events. Friday night I traveled about 30 minutes out of the city into the bush(this would be what we call the country at home only minus electricty and running water) to show the Jesus film. This is my first experience showing and viewing the video. I must admit I went to see what it was all about. We took a team of about 15 people and with the help of a huge screen hanging off the back of one of the landrovers, a generator, and a few speakers we were able to show the people in the village the life of Jesus according to Luke. The people loved it. They even clapped at the micracle scences. haah it was like they were watching a movie in the movie theaters.
Saturday I slept in and went out to dinner with the dental team. Dinning out in Africa is very different than dining out in the sates. The food was very good and I even had a light coke aka diet coke. The restaurant was suprisingly very clean and for a moment I forgot I was in Africa, then I looked up and saw the barbwire that was surrounding me. Somewhat of a sobering moment that brings you back to reality of where you are and the stability of the country you are calling home.


Today I went to the BEACH! It was wonderful. sandy beaches, warm ocean, sun, walk along the shore line.......all added up to a very nice relaxing day. Tomorrow back to work.



Until next time Latero- Liberian English adds an o to the end :)

No comments: