I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ready or Not Here I Come!!!!

This time next week I will be on my 22 hour flight to Africa. All the paper work is done, all the supplies are bought, all my belongings are moved, air plane ticket is bought, malaria medication is stared, mail is forwarded, job is no longer, good byes are coming more frequent, vacation is over, no more bills to pay, no backing out and no looking back. Here I come and I am READY!

A year ago this was a thought, another one of my CRAZY outlandish ideas and now 12 months later here I am moving to Africa. I am ready and can't wait to live this adventure out as opposed to planning, preparing, and dreaming of what it might be like. I would be lying if I told you I am not nervous or that I am not going to miss certain luxury's that I posses here in the United States, but with all that put aside I am ready to start down this path the Lord has lead me on. I have little to no idea what life is going to be like living in West Africa on the Africa Mercy, however I know that this is where the Lord wants me and I also know that when it is all said and done, I wouldn't change a thing regardless.

Continue to pray for myself and my family. We are trying to enjoy are last few days together. Saying good bye is bitter sweat. We are all really excited to see the Lord work over the next several months, but deep down there is this tiny bit of our hearts that is selfish and not wanting to say goodbye.

Pray for easy transition for me and my new life


Pray for safe travels and that everything goes smooth

Continue to pray for my Aunt Kay/ forwarding agent. Her pet scan results showed cancer in other parts and she started chemo today. Her doctors are VERY enthusiastic and positive with her overall prognosis. I am thankful for strong Christian influences like her. Christians who embrace suffering and instead of turning on God for "dealing" them this hand, they give Him the Glory He deserves. They thank Him for loving them and giving them breath. I can only pray that I would face hardships with an attitude of gratitude like this. I can only pray that when the going gets tough that my Faith gets stronger.


Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2,3

Pray that Kay can lean on God for all her strength and that she can consider this trial in her life a pure joy that will develop perseverance and shows others what faith in God is all about. Pray that this trial can bring others to the love of Christ!!!!

PRAISE: My biopsy on my suspicious moles came back negative. The moles were benign-no further treatment needed!!!!

PS: Sunday a drop in going away party starting @ 4pm at my parent's house in Beardstown. Stop by if you want I would love to see everyone before I leave.

Next blog more than likely will be posted on African turf....stay tuned for pictures and video of Liberia and the Africa Mercy.

Blog to you all once I get to the other side of the world! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, this is it we are about to leave here in just a few short minutes. Safe travels and always know how proud we are of what you have allowed God to do in you. Have fun be safe and let your light shine for him.
God bless as you make the invisible God visible!
Love, Mom Dad and brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jessica I pray you had a safe trip to the ship and I can't wait to hear all about it on your blog!! I'm sure you will have some great stories to share. Looking forward to seeing how God blesses you through this experience. Your in our prayers we love you!! The Hageman's