I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall/Autumn Time in Cabin 4343.

With my decorations from last year and new additions that my roommate Laura received in the mail tonight we gave our little window that gives us a glimpse to the outside world a fall makeover. 

With all the leaves and the smell of apple cider room fragrance that has now filled our cabin, my second fall away from home is going much better than last year. Either that or I have just forgotten what it is like to be at home during my most favorable season of all. I think I will go with the first possibility. 

Regardless of how many fall seasons I spend away from home, I don't think I will ever forget what it feels like to have a nice run on a crisp cool Autumn day.. with the sounds of the leafs crackling as you pass over them, or the colors that fall from the sky that range from every color on the color wheel, or the fresh breeze that fills your house and makes you just a little bit chilled, or the pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks with a good book. The moments that remind me of fall at home could fill this page if I really tried, but I suppose there is no use in torturing myself any longer. Tomorrow morning when I am running the streets of Cotonou and sweating like a crazy person I will just have to image being at home on the leaf covered trails all along thanking God for sending me here for the season of my life. 


P.S. Mom I still have the waxed leaves you sent me last year.... and yes they are out.:) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pumpkin spice latte how i miss you!!! ;) we miss you too jess!

Emily said...

You know fall is my favorite season too. I will enjoy it for the two of us, since I am actually getting a real one this year. I remember last year when I got my fall package from my mom, I opened it in the dining room and actually started crying as I was looking through the leaves and small pumpkins. I think though, I miss you, more than you miss fall.