I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, September 21, 2009

Patient Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Today I was able to get my hands dirty and get back to my first love dental hygiene. After I finished one particular patient today who was on a dirty scale of 1-10 about an 8, I was reminded of why I like doing hygiene cleanings in West Africa or for that matter anywhere. After about a 40 min session with me the patient was transformed into a new man, and he knew it. He asked for the mirror and as I watch the reaction on his face I knew he was satisfied. It was a priceless response. He left with the biggest smile on his face as he repeatedly voiced his gratitude towards my efforts in making him a new and improved man. 

To me that was enough, that in its self was worth more than a months pay. However a few hours later the same man showed back up at the clinic. This time in a new shirt and a huge bag of pineapples, and oranges still with the same smile he left with. He said he just wanted to give me a little something to show his appreciation and that he felt wonderful. 

This is just another example of why we do what we do here. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so special yum yum fresh pineapple.