I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Meet Jugo.

On the first day of clinic back in February, I meet Jugo and her mother Joyce. They were sandwiched between hundreds of other people that were hoping for the mere possibility of maybe getting their sickness healed. I must admit that I was so overwhelmed that day and nervous not knowing what to do, or who we could help, or even how I was to go about getting them help. However when I came to Jugo and her mom the first thing Joyce said to me was please do you speak English. That was enough in itself to make me smile. She then explained to me that her daughter had a hole in her mouth... I looked and immediately knew that she needed a cleft palate surgery and that we could help her. Jugo and her mom spent all day at the clinic while I attempted to get in touch with the ship. Finally I had good news they could go to the ship for a screening appointment. The next day Jugo and her mom came back and when they walked in the gate to the clinic Joyce was waving a green surgery appointment card... and was yelling we have an appointment we have an appointment for surgery. 

A few weeks ago Jugo had cleft palate surgery and I was lucky enough to be able to go and visit them several times while she recovered. Joyce was always by her side. One night I peaked in on them and Joyce was sleeping and Jugo was just sitting in her bed looking around. On the day she left Joyce thanked me for helping them and then said how Jugo will always be able to testify to others what God has done for her and that she too will also be able to stand in her church on Sunday and give God Thanksgiving. 


I am sure you will be seeing more of this family, I have been invited to attend church with them and then visit the house afterwards. Sounds like a plan. 


At Jugo's 2 week check up. They dressed up so we could take this photo. They even brought big sister with them....  I love the hair.

1 comment:

mom said...

Awe you did it again you manage to make me cry! What an awesome feeling to know how that mom must feel. What a great way to see God use your talent. I can brag cause I'am your Mom.
Love ya