I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, May 25, 2009

Son Bon

Today I was walking in the door of our dental clinic as one of our translators was walking out. Just about the time we passed each other I felt someone grab my buttock, and not just your oh I accidently brushed up against your butt kind of feel. It was an on purpose grasp. I did a quick turn over my shoulder to see if it was my translator and realized it was a middle aged female patient who was sitting on the bench waiting to get treated. I looked at her with a confused look on my face I am sure and she said Son Bon oui son bon-- it is good yes it is good. Then the lady sitting next to her took it upon herself to cop a feel and make sure she agreed it was good as well, and she did.  I did not know how to respond so I said Merci beaucoup- Thank you very much.

I was not sure if I should of felt violated or if I should take it as a compliment. I am guessing it was a compliment given the fact that after the lady had her tooth pulled she came and gave me a hug and said Merci. I knew my first day back would not leave me without a story to pass along.

No comments: