I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What a Long day

After 26 hours of travel time I am finally home. I arrived in St.Louis yesterday afternoon. It is wonderful being home and seeing my family. Today I am enjoying this wonderful weather. Windows are opened the wind is blowing, I can go outside and enjoy myself. Actually get ready and not break out in sweat 5 seconds after walking out the door. Last night I made a stop by the grocery stores and forgot how GREAT it is to be able to buy fruit and yogurt and actually be able to decide what and when I want to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh the things that excite me.
However I must admit I do think of the life that is going on on the other side of world at this very moment. I wonder what my roommates are doing, how the dental team is doing, if we had any interesting patients yesterday and today. If things are going smoothly.

It is funny how different the two worlds I live in and love are. How blessed I am to know such different worlds and ways of life. For both our unique and lovely in their own ways.

Good Morning World. about 4am Monday morning.. 2hrs from landing in Paris.

I am in Paris, and more rain.

The smallest LARGE coffee ever. Portion control people.


Chicago. So close to being home.

Chicago sky line from my window. Next stop St.Louis. WOO HOO!

Oh back to the land of green grass and farm land.

And there it is the ARCH the official landmark that tells me I am home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you made it safe and sound. i'm not looking forward to our 24 hour journey either. but it's worth it, right?!