I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach Church

This morning 9 of us loaded up in a car and headed to White Sands Beach to have beach church. Once we arrived there we set up speakers to an iPod had a worship service and then we all shared what was on our hearts. As I was sitting there with the sand between my toes and the sounds of the waves crashing in the background, the Lord reminded me of something. It was a simple realization, but made a rather profound impact. I looked around the table and it hit me, there were people from all over the world present. England, Australia, Sweden, and the States were all represented. I was reminded that regardless of the fact that even though we are all from different countries, different home towns, different religious backgrounds, different occupations, and very different comfort zones we were all there for the same reason. The love of Christ had compelled us to leave our normals and head to a country that was not our own. This is a place where we can put all of our other difference aside and bring focus to the driving source of our lives. It was not about what each of us are going to get out our experiences in Liberia, It was not about the new and exciting adventures we will encounter while here, it was not even about the growth we will be subjected to. We are simply a bunch of ordinary nobodies trying to exalt Somebody. It is often easy to forget what compels us, it is even often easy to forget the compeler, it is always good to take a moment to readjust yourself on what matters most.


For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
2 Corinthians 5:14

2 comments:

sadie said...

Yes He is amazing he can make something out of dust / us. Whatever he wills if we do his will and ask him his will. Nothing is impossible. I have to get my head around that maybe that is why my life is at a stand still. I will write you love Drewbe

Anonymous said...

It makes me think of heaven and how great it will be to worship our great and mighty God with all christians from every part of the world especially those that that get to hear and experience Jesus through people like you, Kimberly and Lance and all the other missionaries who are called to spread Gods word to every tongue nation and tribe. I'm truly humbled by your sacrifice. Love ya Tammy