I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rainy Day in Africa

It has rained ALL stinkin day today and after about 9 hours of sitting on a ship trying to entertain ourselves Elise and I decided to head outside and burn of some energy in the rain. We ended up getting VERY wet..... I have learned to embrace the rain....and accept it as part of every day life here in Liberia. After all we are in RAINY SEASON.

Before we played in the rain!!!!!





After we played in the rain!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
I bet you have not played in the rain since you were a little kid, well, they say we never really grow up!!!!!!!!
I love the kid in you.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

hey jess! it's rainy season here in taiwan too. playing in the rain when you choose to isn't so bad. this last week we had a sports and english camp and on the last day we had a typhoon. the gym the girls were sleeping in flooded! it was such a mess! we were up at 4 am trying to sweep water out of the building. hopefully you won't experience any typhoons in liberia! take care!
love,
kimberly

Anonymous said...

Playin gin the rain, don't you have serious work to do? Just kidding, I know you work hard/ play hard.
I went to your mom's shop and had her cut my hair yesterday, she did a pretty good job. I am glad I have such awesome relatives.
Speaking of relatives, Devon, Derrick, and Isaac are staying with us while Josh and Dixie are out of town. Mom is getting frazzled, I think she forgot what having little kids around was like. While grandma lou and mom were down in St. Louis picking them up I went and watched a little bit of the Cardinal's game with Grandpa Art. He misses you and said he's ready for you to get back.

Stay safe, have fun,
Cousin Nick

P.S.
Who is this Elise girl.....? ;-)