I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sushi in Africa

Last night a group of us Mercy Shippers went out for dinner at a Japanese restaurant. It was very nice even when compared to Western standards. I was very surprised/impressed when I walked in the door. It looked like a restaurant that would be nestled in between the Chocolate Bar and another hip hang out place in Lafayette Square in St.Louis. I for the first time tried sushi. Haha I know it sounds like an oxymoron- sushi in Africa but it was VERY delicious. I had smoked salmon sushi. I must say I think this will be a frequent stop for me while I am here, especially because it reminds me of home. Every time I miss home I will go there and just imagine I am in Lafayette Square eating dinner with all my best friends back home…… I guess that will have to tie me over until December. Here are some photos of our evening. We had a GREAT time!

PS I have new photos posted….click on the link to the right to check them out.










No comments: