I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tenerife Adventures!!!!!

What an action packed last few days I have had here in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Friday we arrived at 6amish and a few hours later I was shopping, and enjoying the lovely atmosphere of Tenerife.
Friday afternoon a few of us girls could not wait to get into the city's center and do a little shopping. It turned out to be more window browsing than anything. We were all just so excited to be able to walk around in peace with little attention being drawn to us.

After about 2 hrs into our day we all had to sit and talk about how crazy it was that one day we are in one of the poorest countries in the world, the next day we are sailing up the coast of Africa in our home, and the next we are in Spain shopping. It is crazy to think were and what all I have done in the past few weeks/months.
After shopping we went to a little outside Cafe and had dinner and dessert, and after that we roamed around the city and just just simpled enjoyed 1 being able to be out later than 11:00pm and 2 being able to be out and be with just girls and feel safe.

Saturday I hit the road at 6am in pursuit of Mt Teide, the tallest Summit in Spain. And it is was volcanic. A group of 8 of us began they adventure of hiking the mountain around 8:15am. It took us 6hrs just to get the the highest peak. Boy oh boy was it challenging. There were times when I thought I could not take another step. But once I reached the top I was in aww of the Lords beauty. It was so magnificent that I believe I might have gotten a little teary eyed.

After our mountain adventure we went to a German Friends house for super and desert, then back to the ship. I think we arrived back around 10:30pm. What a rewarding day!

Today I was in need of sleep so I slept in and then meet my roommate Carmen for lunch after she got out of church. We had a really nice lunch out side at another cafe and then just sat an talked on a bench for about an hr. Tonight I went to church and packed.....because I leave tomorrow to come HOME for a month! woo hoo

What a great last few days I have had!

Tenerife from the ship



GRASS!!!!!!! oh how we missed grass!

Christmas lights in the trees


A pool in the middle of the city that is supplied with water from the tide of the ocean



a nice tree


City street lights........ wow


Before the hike.... it was so cold. We were guessing about 25degrees

Just getting started


Yep I climbed up that, and really that was the easy part


Regardless of the fact that we thought we were going to die at times, we still took nice photos


Snow!


The active volcano


One of the views from the top


I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOW THATS A WRAP!!!!THE END!!SEE YOU IN GOOD OLE ST.LOUIE!!

Anyone reading this please pray for the weather on Tuesday it doesn't sound too great.
Thank you,
Theresa