I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Brief briefing on screening. Day 1

WOW! I am tired but so full and content. Today was an amazing day, and we screened a lot of people almost 2,000 to be more precise. I worked in just about every station possible. I started my day off at 6am in security, then moved into my dental role and screened and weeded out dental patients and instructed them to come to our clinic that this was not the screening for them, transported patients from pre-screening to health histories, served water, played with kids, and helped pack things up. It was hot and long but these people saw Jesus through us today and we saw Jesus through these people and that is all that matters.

We do it all again tomorrow. Same time same place. Pray that we can have the strength and compassion to see these people for who they really are and not just another surgery number. As I looked around the lines today I could not help but think of all the peoples lives that are going to be changed in the next 10months through these surgeries. And this is where it all starts, a hot, long, humid , but glorious day in Benin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sleep tight!!!good night

Unknown said...

Man! What a fantastic attitude && response to such a task of a day. I'm encouraged to hear this about your day && a little bit about what is going on. Sounds like you were quite busy!

I agree that it is exciting to think about all those who will receive treatment over the course of ten months; wow! What a long-term vision it takes to put together such a feat. Praise God!

Hope you (&& your fellow crewmates) are able to rest up and be charged for the upcoming week; surely it will bring all of its own unique challenges :-)