I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Docked !?!



We are docked! The picture above is of our dock. In order for us to get to shore we have to jump from post to post and hope we don't lose our balance and fall into the water. Port officials told us they would get it fixed by the end of the month which means in African time by the end of the field service. Only in West Africa is this acceptable.......good thing I have been practicing my Tae Bo on the sail and have built up fairly good balancing skills. I tell you what!




HAHAHAH Only Kidding. Well about the picture of the dock that is.
It is true that we are docked in Cotonou, Benin. However I have not stepped foot on ground yet. We were not cleared with immigrations and health inspectors until 8:00 this evening. By that time is was dark and made no sense to wonder out into an unknown country just for the sake of wondering. So on the ship I continue to sit. I hope tomorrow I will get time to get off and explore this intriguing new city. Not much else to report at this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience is a virtue ha ha!

Murray Tristan Crawford said...

hey Jess, glad you've got there safely! all the best as you serve the people of Benin! keep flossing ;-)