I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Monday, February 9, 2009

So close...yet so far.


Those lights you see in the horizon, that would be Benin. Due to engine problems that have not been fixed yet we are currently at anchor just off the coast of Cotonou. The faults were discovered right before we set in for our approach to the port. Although we will spend another night at sea..... I am thankful the problems were discovered before we attempted to dock. Maybe tomorrow I will set my feet on solid ground and then again maybe not. At least we are safe.... and we can see our new city in the distance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess-

My name is Adam Lucas. I am heading to join the Africa Mercy on March 1st, as a Second Officer. Im 26 from Massachusetts. I have been surfing all of the the links and websites and blogs; i just came across yours and wanted to connect with someone who might be able to offer some insight/answer any random questions that i might have. if you get this, can u email me at: adamklucas@yahoo.com Congrats on making it to Benin! Glad the engines are back online! Adam