I serve with Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oops... did I do that.


I found out today that old celery, lettuce, and black olives are not items that should be flushed down the toilet here on the Africa Mercy. I think I temporally lost my mind for about 2 minutes today. Those 2 minutes of temporary insanity caused an hrs worth of work for the plumber to reverse. I told them I had no excuses I just wasn't thinking. I guess I figured that since the toilets make such loud suction noises every time you flush them that meant that they would also make great garbage disposals. WRONG!

Bodily Waste and Toilet Paper ONLY!
Sorry!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well! not really wanting to sound like a MOM I just cant help but say it ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I know you can just hear me now saying that Ha Ha!!! Oh some days we just cant help but let our brain go on VACATION!!!!!
We still love you just the way you are.
Love MOM

Anonymous said...

you silly girl! that's hilarious jess! we can't even put toilet paper in our toilet, so i won't be trying to put down any old veggies down there.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you didn't get into to much trouble!!!! We all do silly things like that once in a while. Jack flushed a mouse down our toliet!!! you will have to ask Paula about the time someone flushed a sandwhich down the toliet at her house.

Murray Tristan Crawford said...

what on earth were you thinking about Jess??? that's hilarious!!!

Sher Sutherland said...

What a great story to tell on yourself! As a mom of a new Africa Mercy crew member, I'm loving reading about the realities of life on the ship. My son will arrive Mar 9 and will be on-board 12 months.

Thank you for blogging. With my only kid on the other side of the world, I will be devouring everything I can find :)

I have started a Facebook group called Moms of (Africa) Mercy Ship-ers aka Moms of Crazy Kids Who Live On A Ship In Africa (that last part coined by the kids in Gateway w/my son). If you have a mom that would like to join (we will share pics, stories, support), just send me her email: sher@excevents.com

Blessings to you. I'll be following your adventures!

P.ter said...

FOOL! FOOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is too funny Jess!! I love it! Miss you girl!

Love the Brewers!